Sunday, July 4, 2010

CiteHR Human Resource Management

CiteHR Human Resource Management


Compensation against Layoff in a BPO

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 01:48 PM PDT

Can someone please advise what is the minimum compensation to be given by a BPO (as per law) in case of a permanent layoff?

Also, if the company decides to permanently layoff an employee is the company supposed to issue a layoff notice to the employee.


Format for incident report..

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 01:13 PM PDT

Dear All,

I am working with metal industry as a Security Office. I need format of incident report to make my report more clear & effective.

Your kind support is deeply required.

Regards,
Inderjeet Singh"Born to lead"


I need an advice to restart my career

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 01:12 PM PDT

Hi
This is swapna.
I am a M.Sc post graduate in chemistry.
I have 3 years job experience in pharma research field.
I quit my job after marriage in 2007 october.
I am trying to start my career.
I am not getting interview calls?
How can i get in to job again?
please answer me.
Regards
swapna
after t


Labour Law..

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 01:08 PM PDT

Dear All,

Can anybody tell that what should be the limit of overtime hours of labour in a week or per day as per law with sections.
Your kind support is deeply required.

Regards,
Inderjeet Singh"Born to lead"


Change of Notice period on promotion

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 11:57 AM PDT

The Organisation where i work has policy of changing notice period on promotion. If i donot accept incease in notice period on promotion,i will not be promoted.
Is this Legally allowed as it is actually blackmailing me.
Additionally, if i resign and serve notice period only as per my original appointment letter, what are consequences


Database

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 11:44 AM PDT

Hello Everybody,

Does anyone knows how to get email-id's when you download database(cv's)from monster in excel format sheet.

Regards,

HR Executive


MBA HR/ MA in HRM & LR after 5 Years of Work Ex.

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 10:27 AM PDT

Dear Seniors
I am Sumit presently working with one of the top logistics company as an HR executive where in i am responsible for handling HR Generalist profile. I have done B.com and then MBA in HR (Distance Learning) from Sikkim Manipal University. Now, i feel that i did a mistake by doing MBA dist learning and because of that my present salary 3L is not commensurate with my total work ex i.e 5 years. After thinking a lot i felt that i should go for full time MBA HR/ MA HRM & LR from one of the reputed institute. I am looking for institutes like TISS, XLRI, SCMHRD and other good colleges for HR & IR degree course. Entrance exams for these institutes will be held between Nov 10 and Jan 11. Now i am in a dilemma whether i should prepare for these exams along with my present job or shall i leave the job and do a full time dedicated preparation for the above mentioned exams. If i leave my present job and in case after 6 months i am not able to crack the exams of above mentioned colleges, i would be empty handed. Neither i will have job in my hand nor will i have my dream college.
Please suggest what should i do in this scenario.
Thanks in advance
Sumit


Excellent presentation on Leadership

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 10:20 AM PDT

We found this presentation very comprehensive and informative and we would love to share it with fellow cite hr members.

You may view the powerpoint by visiting - The Little Book of Leadership by Phil Dourado – Powerpoint Presentation Simerjeet Singh’s Official Blog

Downloading instructions available at the end of the presentation.

You can switch to the full screen mode by clicking menu button on the LHS.

Regards
Team CELS


HR Generalist

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 08:59 AM PDT

Hi,

I have 4.6 yrs of exp as Generalist HR in IT sector, please do let me know if you come across any opening equivalent to my level and experience in HR field. You can reach me at .

Thanks
Priti


Termination of Services (My Case)

Posted: 03 Jul 2010 08:42 AM PDT

Hello All,

I need some help with understanding your point of view on the termination of services for a permanent employee.

I started working with my present employer in November 2007. After 6 months of probation, i received my confirmation letter (May 2008).

In April 2008, i received a letter of ESOPs from the company.

My appraisal was due in October 2008 & i got a promotion & a 43% increment in salary.

In the meantime my reporting structure was changed and i was reporting to another department head, but handling the same profile (Jan 2009).

The new manager was asked to leave in Dec 2009. Post which there was no communication from HR regarding my new reporting structure.

In February 2010, i received a 50% payout for my ESOPS, like all employees. With a clause that if i quit within 6 months of the payout, i will have to give back 50% of the amount to the company.

My appraisal happened in April 2010. That is when i was informed of my new superior. He conducted my appraisal and informed me that the increments will be to the tune of 10-15%

The appraisal letters havent been issued to anyone yet. But on 1st Jul 2010, my superior called me and told me that my services are no longer required and i should resign in 15 days so that they dont have to issue a termination letter.

My questions are:

1. Can they issue me a termination letter?
2. Can they ask me to leave without giving me a notice of non-performance?
3. Can they waive off the 50% penalty for quitting as they are asking me to leave?
4. Can i take any legal action against my employer?

Thanks


1 comment: